..ummmm...


Peace.Joy.Love.Laughter.Inspiration.Growth.Faith.Patience.Perseverance.Acceptance: All can easily be rolled into one to be the person i am, or more aptly,the person i seek to be. i have been a dancer all my life ,and dance is really what i believe i do best, even though there still are "miles to go"!! to move, create, inspire, share, build and grow together , through the vehicle of Dance is what i perceive to be my "calling" in Life. and there i find not only the pursuit of my dreams and my happiness, but also God's blessing, in its purest form .. God, Parents, Family, & F.R.I.E.N.D.S (!) blend into my system of "jewels" of Life. apart from them, i've been lucky enough to have had some incredibly inspiring teachers as "influences" : Jacquie Bird, Soraya Franco, Robin Merchant, Ashley Lobo to name a few .. Luam is yet another choreographer that deserves special mention.. as she has been one of the Hugest Sources of Inspiration to me(online only though)!!! JAZZ funk/lyrical and contemporary are areas of interest to me and what i work in :) its interesting to note how one is capable of tapping into one's various shades as a dancer, like an artist that dips into his palate for different colors: Spunk that screams out loud in a Funk piece; Profundity that comes through in contemporary,Discipline and Finesse in a Ballet piece , while sex appeal in Salsa, for instance.... is what intrigues me the most about these various forms , yet a commonality amongst them : a Passion to Express ......... Peace.


As i take you through this little blog, i hope you vicariously enjoy my journey as a dance artist! it has been one of immense joy and hard work, inspiration and growth, and a sense of being committed to my purpose... Gifts that I today seek to impart to as many as possible through this God-given vehicle of Dance !!!



Cheer$ !!

P.S: there is a lot more "detailing" that needs to be done.. Please (pretty please!) bear with me as i try and put this blog together!!! okay.. enjoy :)

Also, pardon me for the complete lack of chronology (the series of events per year) , but then Thats what I call "OrganiZed ChaoS" !!









Sunday, July 4, 2010

what truly matters..


An old hermit was once invited to visit the court of the most powerful king of the day.
“I envy a holy man, who is content with so little,” commented the sovereign.
“I envy Your Majesty, who is content with less than I. I have the music of the celestial spheres, I have the rivers and mountains of the whole wide world, I have the moon and the sun, because I have God in my soul. Your Majesty, however, has only this kingdom."

4 comments: